Writings From A Perspective
I grew up in Korea; I have been living in the United States only 10 years. I like writing to share my ideas and understandings, especially cross-culturally and cross-linguistically. Different language-culture means different way of view of life, view of the world, and even interpretation of the word of God. This differences result in the diverse ideas, understandings, and ways of life. Diversity means a possibility of choice of one out of many; however, it also means the necessity for a harmony to get closer to the completeness.
Interpretation of the Holy Scripture, unfortunately, have been depraved of the due diverse approaches in the history of interpretation of Scripture. It is opposed to the intention of the divine Author. It is not in line with the will of God, the diversity and harmony, manifested in the creation. If He had had any opposition to diverse ideas and understandings of meaning of life, He would have never “confused” the language of the people in the Babel (Genesis 11:7). Also the fact that the Lord, Jesus Christ, sent His disciples into all nations to spread the gospel does not oppose the diversity. It may not be complying to God’s will to ignore diverse interpretations of the Scripture.
Perspective is like the lens through which the person see things. As one’s eye color is different from others’, the color of a thing the person looks at is unique. Likewise, no two people in the world of all generation would see anything the same way. There are as many perspectives as at least the number of the people that have existed on earth. This is great because it means each person has unique value because of the perspective as well as other human things. The thoughts from diverse perspectives, as long as they are sound and healthy and as they are synthesized for good of all people, lead man closer to the completeness. Therefore, a writing from the perspective of a person is not a thing to put down.
For this reason, various ideas and understandings of the gospel by truth-seekers have to be welcomed. As we share the various understandings from various perspectives, it must result in better and better insight of truth of the gospel. My ideas and understandings are from my perspective and they worth sharing with other seekers of different perspectives. Productive sharing my perspective and thoughts from it is the purpose of this blog.
However, it is to be noted that the purpose of my writing is not just sharing in social settings, but to spread the truth of the gospel that some may get it and get saved by it. If this blog works for just one for that purpose, I am writing and posting not in vain.
Minku Andrew Chang.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering at Seoul National University, 1990
- Master of Ministry at Freed-Hardeman University, Henderson TN, Dec. 2009
- Master of Divinity at Harding School of Theology, Memphis TN, May 2013
- Master of Art in Teaching English Second Language at University of Mississippi, Oxford MS, May 2016; ePortfolio)
- Volunteer Minister (Martin Church of Christ, Martin TN, 17 Aug. 2008-Aug. 2009)
- Korean College Minister (Oxford Church of Christ, Oxford MS, Sept. 2009-Sept. 2011)
- Preaching/teaching Minister (Jackson Grove Church of Christ, Enid MS, May 2013-May 2014)
- Preaching/teaching Minister (Calvary Hill Church of Christ, Oxford MS, Oct. 2011-May 2016, Sermons Preached Here!)
- ESL teacher/tutor (University of Mississippi IEP, Oxford MS, Aug. 2014-May 2016)
- Now, Korean/International Minister at Chestnut Drive Church of Christ (Chestnut Drive Church of Christ; KoreanCoC.org)